The External Antenna Kit allows you to improve your AT&T cellular signal in marginal areas. The kit consists of a high-gain dual-band antenna, 15 feet of coaxial cable, a mounting plate, and Velcro cinch straps.
*The kit requires the user to supply their own extension pole. These poles are available at virtually all hardware stores, and are sold for use in painting, changing light bulbs, etc. A few examples of poles which are suitable for use with the external antenna kit are:
Mr. Long Arm model 3212 (12ft) from Amazon
Mr. Long Arm model 2324 (23ft) from Home Depot
Mr. Long Arm model 2324 (23ft) from Lowes
These poles have an ACME thread, designed to work with paint rollers and other accessories. The BoarBuster external antenna kit includes an adapter which allows the high-gain cellular antenna to be mounted to any extension pole with this universal ACME thread (3/4″ diameter, 5 threads per inch)
1. Attach the white digital antenna to the mounting plate by inserting the slotted antenna base into the antenna mounting hole on the top side of the plate. Secure the antenna by tightening the nut.
2. Thread the extension pole* into the bottom of the mounting plate as shown.
3. Connect the coax cable to the antenna base by fastening the 3/4 inch make cable connector to the antenna base.
4. Connect the opposite end of the cable to the BoarBuster Camera Unit by fastening the 1/4 inch male cable connector to the antenna input on the outside of the unit.
5. Drive a standard T-post into the ground next to the BoarBuster Camera Unit
6. Use the supplied Velcro cinch straps to tighten and secure the extension pole* against the entire length of the T-post.
For best performance, raise the pole to a height necessary for achieving three or more bars of reception.